About Knoxville Handel Society
In the beginning…
A few musicians got together to dream about a select community chorus to perform choral masterworks. Singers who knew the genius of the Masters and wanted to perform these great works together. Singers from the greater Knoxville area who would soon become the Knoxville Handel Society.
The Knoxville Handel Society was chartered on June 1, 2016 as a charitable corporation in the State of Tennessee. The purpose of the society was to establish a collaborative choral group in the Knoxville Metropolitan area for the enjoyment and performance of classical masterworks.
Knoxville Handel Society Membership
Membership is recruited through invitation only. There are no auditions and no fees. Members are evaluated by recommendation of qualified choral conductors or music educators. We are a 501 (C)(3) organization supported by donations and grants.
- Wendell Boertje, Music Director
- Pam Robertson, Accompanist
- Linda King, Administrator
- Elizabeth Eaker, Co-Assistant Conductor
- David Smith, Co-Assistant Conductor
Board of Directors
- Alan Guy, President
- Julie Howard, Vice-President
- Joy Goldberg, Treasurer
- Wendell Boertje, Secretary
- George Bitzas, Director Emeritus
- Mary Ann Fennell
- Bergein Overholt